The Selection by Kiera Cass-Book 1 of The Selection Series
Read and Reviewed by Cris
My Review-I gave this book 5 stars and would recommend it and have read it multiple times, would read it again. I loved this book. It had well rounded, relate-able characters, in a believable dystopian world. America was a strong character and I was happy to see her develop without letting the Selection change her. I enjoyed how she was able to interact with and be genuine with the many different castes of people, and how caring she was for her maids. I also loved the characters in the love triangle, they've all felt the sting of heartache from it, but hope that America keeps her inner strength and doesn't take Aspen's crap or do something out of character that makes her lose all of her integrity and likability. I look forward to finding out who ends up with who in the end. From this first book I feel America would be the best for the job of future queen but, think it will be interesting to see how other the characters continue to grow. Overall it was a cute story and I am looking forward to book two. The book did however end quite abruptly in the story, but I guess a cliffhanger is a good way to ensure people anticipate the next installment in the series.
Synopsis-For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

No comments:
Post a Comment