Days of Splendor, Days of Sorrow by: Juliet Grey-Book 2 of Marie Antoinette Series
Read & Reviewed by: Cris
My Review: I gave this book 4 stars and would both recommend and read again. I found this to be a very accurate account of the period from 1774 to 1798 of Marie Antoinette's life. I have not yet read the first book of the series but, was still able to enjoy it. I've been big into the history of the US for a long time but have more recently began exploring history of Europe, and found this very enlightening. I think I will go back and read the first book of the series just to learn more about her.
Synopsis: Paris, 1774. At the tender age of eighteen, Marie Antoinette ascends to the French throne alongside her husband, Louis XVI. But behind the extravagance of the young queen’s elaborate silk gowns and dizzyingly high coiffures, she harbors deeper fears for her future and that of the Bourbon dynasty.
From the early growing pains of marriage to the joy of conceiving a child, from her passion for Swedish military attaché Axel von Fersen to the devastating Affair of the Diamond Necklace, Marie Antoinette tries to rise above the gossip and rivalries that encircle her. But as revolution blossoms in America, a much larger threat looms beyond the gilded gates of Versailles—one that could sweep away the French monarchy forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment