Thursday, January 3, 2013

No Proper Lady

No Proper Lady by Isabel Cooper-Book 1 of Englefield Series

Read and Reviewed by Cris



My review-I gave this book 5 stars and would both recommend and read again. This was a great surprise of a book. I picked it in a rush at the library one day because it looked like a historical romance. I was pleasantly surprised by the magical twist to it and how it combined two of my favorite genres (historical romance with dystopia) I never considered mixing the two but once I started I couldn't put down this book. I look forward to reading the second book of the series. 



Synopsis: When a half-naked woman suddenly appears on his country estate, Simon Grenville doesn't have time to be shocked. Demonic beasts are hot on his heels until the beautiful stranger unsheathes several knives strapped to her skin-tight trousers and kills them. As he stares at her fierce, heart-stopping face, Simon knows he's in a hell of a lot of trouble...


Joan is from a time where demons run rampant and humanity is fighting for its existence. To prevent this terrible future, she is sent back to Victorian England to kill the magician responsible for unleashing the dark forces. But Joan is a soldier more used to sparring than dancing. To get close to her target, she'll need Simon to teach her how to fit into polite society. Joan doesn't mind practicing proper flirtation on Simon, but she can't allow herself to be distracted by his gentle hands or devilish smile--the very future depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment