Read & Reviewed by: Cris
My Review: I gave this book 4 stars and would recommend it to those looking for a short bit of workplace humor. This book was a light, quick, full of humor, field guide into the atmosphere of the I.T. workplace. I had expected it to be a collection of funny fail stories but, was satisfied with the different approach anyways. The book was very well written making my mind picture every scenario easily as I read them, as well as having emotional connection to the different character types produced, like angry at the My husband is an IT guy and it was fun for me to try to figure out where his workplace fell in book.
Synopsis: If you could be a fly on the cubicle wall of an I.T. Professional someone would probably throw a stale bagel at you. But before they did, you would see what C.D. Rahm reveals in this tell-all book.
At great personal risk to career and plastic pocket protector, Rahm takes us on a brief tour of corporate malaise, rampant confusion, dinner-plate-sized chocolate chip cookies, and lousy box lunches.
Pulling no punches (except possibly the spiked punch from the disastrous office holiday party) he reveals everything: managers behaving badly, professional time-wasters, fast-food junkies, and the hygienically challenged.
An I.T. insider, his is a world of technology for all, productivity for none. It is a place where the confused and frightened lead the overworked and clueless. This is where polyester slacks meet PowerPoint presentations, and budgets meet their doom.
When network systems come down, I.T. professionals get up. And march straight to the vending machine. C.D. Rahm has been there, done that, and soiled the t-shirt.
Now you can know what I.T. geeks know: That if you have a chip on your shoulder you have probably stuck your head into the wrong port.
Whether you're a tech expert or you don't know your app from a hole in the ground, you will be astounded or at least mildly surprised by what you discover in I.T. Confidential.

No comments:
Post a Comment