Friday, February 15, 2013

Best Quote Poll

In honor of Valentines Day being the 14th we have a poll for you with 14 possible options. Please vote, and if you select other please be sure to put your other quote in a comment on this post, and include the book title and author.

1. "I love you, Char. I love how clever and imaginative and courageous you are. How kindhearted, loyal and caring you are. And God, you are beautiful. Ever since our afternoon in the folly, I've thought of little else other than you, and wanting to discover you more." The tears in her eyes were not summoned at will. They were happy tears, glistening on their own accord because this man knew her. He understood her. He loved her. And he was telling her so in a rather romantic speech in the garden on a moonlit night.


2."Had anything happened to you, Sophie,"- Patrick shuddered and took a deep breath as he remembered the terror he had felt at her abduction-"I could not have borne the pain. I love you so very much." "I am here, my love, safe with you as I will always be," Sophie whispered as she moved closer to kiss his lips, a soft aching kiss that was filled with tenderness. "Yes," Patrick said, lifting her into his arms and sinking beneath the hot water. "Always," he whispered.


3. I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.


4. “I hope you find someone you can't live without. I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them.”


5. He knew, then, as he watched her sitting on the flint wall, he loved her more than his own life. The thought of losing her worried him more than one day being recaptured.


6. And she loved him. It was as simple as that. It was more than merely having become accustomed to his company. Loving Winfield had crept up on her slowly with every touchof his hand, every shared laugh, every argument. He had slipped into her heart and captured her soul when she wasn't looking, wasn't aware it was so much a possibility. Now, the thought that she had lost him, the idea of living her life without him brought with it a pain nearly too great to bear. She had to set things right, although she had no idea how to do so. At this point, agreeing to an engagement was obviously not enough.


7.“This is me, Ana. All of me...and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you.”


8. “Do you know how many ways love can hit you? So it makes you happy, or miserable? It makes you sick in the belly or hurt in the heart. It makes everything brighter and sharper, or it blurs all the edges. It makes you feel like a king or a fool. Every way love can hit you, it's hit me when it comes to you”


9. “I'd run my whole life long to reach you; paddle my way across Atlantic and Pacific; traverse Jungle and Desert to find you; climb cliffs and drop from the sky to rescue you. Anything to be close to you. Any way to say I love you.”


10. He closed his eyes as she put her hand on his shoulder, and in that instant, nothing else mattered. Not the song, not the place, not the other couples around him. Only this, only her. He gave himself over to the feel of her body as it pressed against him, and they moved slowly in small circles on the sawdust-strewn floor, lost in a world that felt as though it had been created for just the two of them.


11. “I have so much love for you, I could fill rooms with it. Buildings. You’re surrounded by it wherever you go, you walk through it, breathe it...it’s in your lungs, and under your tongue, and between your fingers and toes...” His mouth moved passionately over hers, urging her lips apart. It was a kiss to level mountains and shake stars from the sky. It was a kiss to make angels faint and demons weep...a passionate, demanding, soul-searing kiss that nearly knocked the earth off its axis. Or at least that was how Poppy felt about it.”


12. So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real."


13. "I care," he said in a trembling voice. "I care so much that I do not know how to tell you without it seeming inconsequential compared to how I feel. Even if I am distant at times and seem as if I do not want to be with you, it is only because this scares me, too."



We have now closed the poll We had 76 people vote. Results are as follows.
First place with 26.3% of the vote is #12.
Second place with 19.7% is #7 
Third place with 13.2% is #4 
Fourth place with 10.5% is #6 
Fifth place with 9.2% is #10 
Sixth place with 6.6% is #8 
Tied for seventh place with 3.9% is #13 & #9 
Ninth place with 2.6% is #2 
Tied for tenth place with 1.3% is #1, #5, & #11 
And options that received no votes were #3 and #14

No comments:

Post a Comment